Boar's Head Smoked Ham
This is simply the best ham I've ever tasted, hands down.
It's expensive (expect to pay $30-40 for a whole traditional-sized
ham - though I was thrilled to see they also sold mini-hams for
about $16) but SO worth it and, without the bone, nothing goes to waste.
Note that I've only ever seen these for sale at our local grocery
stores (Publix) during the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New
Years, Easter) though I bet you could order one.
I like to add whole cloves all over the ham
prior to glazing it - about 1 every 1-2 inches. The ham takes in
the flavor of the cloves and... Yum!
Boar's Head Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
3 tbs. Boar's Head Mustard
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1) Remove ham from packaging and lightly
score (in diamond pattern) with a sharp knife.
2) Place in shallow
roasting pan and add water to pan.
3) Insert whole cloves over the surface of the ham about 1-2 inches apart.
4) In separate bowl, blend sugar,
mustard and ginger with fork.
5) Pat a thin layer of glaze on entire
surface of ham.
6) Tent ham with aluminum foil, sealing edges tightly
to the pan.
7) Bake in preheated 325F oven 15 minutes per pound.
Remove ham 15 minutes before it finishes baking. Remove foil and
apply additional glaze if desired.
9) Raise oven temperature to 425F
and bake uncovered for remaining 15 minutes.